Fairs and open houses focus on high school options | Schools
Chesterfield offers several high school options. Students may apply to attend specialty centers or governor’s schools that target specific interests. Middle school students and parents interested in learning more are invited to attend information fairs and open houses.
Information fairs offer general information about high school options: Students and parents visit booths, ask questions and pick up information. All specialty centers, the Chesterfield Technical Center and both governor’s schools will participate in two fairs:
● 6:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 11 information fair at Clover Hill High, 13301 Kelly Green Lane
● 6:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 12 information fair at Bird High, 10301 Courthouse Road
Open houses provide in-depth information about each site:
● 7 p.m. Oct. 18 for the International Baccalaureate Program at Meadowbrook High, 4901 Cogbill Road
● 7 p.m. Oct. 18 for the International Baccalaureate Program at Midlothian High, 401 Charter Colony Parkway
● 7 p.m. Oct. 20 for the Leadership and International Relations Specialty Center at James River High, 3700 James River Road
● 6:30 p.m. Oct. 24 for the Mathematics and Science High School at Clover Hill High, 13301 Kelly Green Lane
● 7 p.m. Oct. 25 for the Information Technology Specialty Center at Matoaca High, 17700 Longhouse Lane
● 7 p.m. Nov. 1 for the Visual and Performing Arts Specialty Center at Thomas Dale High, 3626 W. Hundred Road
● 7 p.m. Nov. 2 for the Health Science Specialty Center at Cosby High, 14300 Fox Club Parkway
● 6:30 p.m. Nov. 3 for Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School for Government and International Studies, 1000 N. Lombardy St. in Richmond
● 6:30 p.m. Nov. 10 for Appomattox Regional Governor’s School for the Arts and Technology, 512 W. Washington St. in Petersburg
● 7 p.m. Nov. 14 for the Humanities Specialty Center at Monacan High, 11501 Smoketree Drive
● 7 p.m. Nov. 15 for the Spanish Immersion Specialty Center at Manchester High, 12601 Bailey Bridge Road
● 7 p.m. Nov. 15 for the Mass Communications Specialty Center at Manchester High, 12601 Bailey Bridge Road
● 7 p.m. Nov. 16 for the Governor’s Academy for Engineering Studies at Bird High, 10301 Courthouse Road
Additional information and applications for specialty centers are available online at mychesterfieldschools.com (click on specialty centers at the bottom of the screen). Applications for governor’s schools will be available in middle school counseling offices starting Oct. 17.
Students apply to high school specialty centers and governor’s schools during their eighth-grade year. Dec. 1 is the deadline to apply, and students will find out in March if they have been accepted.