Police investigate string of commercial robberies | News
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT)- The following is a press release from Chesterfield County Police:
Law enforcement agencies in Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico and Richmond are investigating a string of 14 commercial robberies that may be related.
Investigators believe robberies at the following locations are related:
- Royal Nails, 10052 Robious Road, Chesterfield, on Jan. 17.
- Catherine's Plus, 10410 Midlothian Turnpike, Chesterfield, on Jan. 18.
- American Apparel, 3140 W. Cary St., Richmond, on Jan. 23.
- Beauty Empire, 11844 Hull Street Road, Chesterfield, on Jan. 27.
- Shoe Show, 7419 Midlothian Turnpike, Chesterfield, on Jan. 30.
- Dress Barn, 9920 Brook Road, Henrico, on Jan. 31.
- Dress Barn, 7225 Bell Creek Road, Hanover, on Feb. 2.
- DEB, 4501 S. Laburnum Ave., Henrico, on Feb. 3.
- CATO, 2530 Sheila Lane, Richmond, on Feb. 6.
- Spa Nails, 125 Turner Road, Chesterfield, on Feb. 6.
- DOTS, 1601 Willow Lawn Drive, Henrico, on Feb. 7.
- DOTS, 11408 W. Broad St., Henrico, on Feb 9.
- Plato's Closet, 9766 Midlothian Turnpike, Chesterfield, on April 18.
- CATO, 3063 Mechanicsville Turnpike, Henrico, on April 23.
In each incident, the suspect entered the store armed and masked between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. He placed the stolen cash into a black, drawstring bag and fled. In some of these robberies, the suspect was seen pacing in front of stores without a mask prior to entering the stores. No one was injured in these incidents.
Investigators are working to determine whether or not Darrell L. Harris, who was arrested in relation to a similar robbery in Colonial Heights, was involved in these incidents. Detectives believe at least one other person was also involved in these robberies as a driver.
Police are asking anyone with information about these robberies to contact one of these police departments directly, or through Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660 or Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000.