Suspect's mother notified police in Chesterfield murder | News
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -- Recently obtained search warrants reveal new information into what led up to Joseph Roane III being found dead Saturday in an apartment in Chester.
According to court records, murder suspect Phillip Shaw's mother called police and told them she received a call from her son. He told her someone might have been shot in the apartment.
Police arrived at the apartment in the 6400 block of Wooded Glen Court and found a man with head trauma. They also recovered guns, bullets and what they believe is marijuana.
Phillip Shaw has been charged with second-degree murder and Dustin Beaston has been charged with accessory after the fact.
Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Chesterfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Late-night pursuit on Midlothian Turnpike ends with arrest
- Police searching for two men who robbed Midlothian jewelry store
- Richmond Officer on trial for exposing himself at Chesterfield mall
- Chesterfield senior citizens remember JFK's assassination
- James River High School band receives rare state accomplishment