Chesterfield man dies in Hurricane Irene | News
Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services officials have confirmed one storm-related fatality in the county.
County public-safety personnel responded to 14807 Walthall Drive shortly before 3 p.m. A tree had fallen on a residence.
One adult male was transported to John Randolph Medical Center in Hopewell, where he was pronounced dead. One adult female was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Five other adults at the residence were not injured and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Authorities have not released the name of the deceased pending notification of family members. An investigation will determine whether the collapsed tree was the cause of death.
Chesterfield County will provide regular updates about the storm’s local impact. In addition to media coverage and the Internet, county residents are encouraged to tune their radios to Chesterfield County 1630 AM for updates and instructions.
Upcoming Events near Chesterfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Late-night pursuit on Midlothian Turnpike ends with arrest
- Police searching for two men who robbed Midlothian jewelry store
- Richmond Officer on trial for exposing himself at Chesterfield mall
- Chesterfield senior citizens remember JFK's assassination
- James River High School band receives rare state accomplishment